Prof. Eric Ofosu Antwi has held the position of the Director for the Regional Center for Energy and Environmental Sustainability (RCEES) since October 2019. He also doubles as a Senior Lecturer for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Energy and Natural Resources in Sunyani- Ghana. Prof. Eric Ofosu Antwi presently is also a guest Lecturer for both Master and Ph.D. programs in Water Resources Management at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, and the Abdou Moumouni University in Niger. At present, Prof. Eric serves as a council member and the Regional Chairman of the Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE) in the Brong Ahafo Region.
Although originally a Civil Engineer (BSc and MPhil Civil Engineering), he holds a Ph.D. in Integrated Water Resources Management from the Technical University of Delft and UNESCO-IHE Holland, making him an expert in both academic disciplines. His versatility becomes evident during his early Postgraduate days when he became a post-doc fellow on the Smart Sanitation project; “Stimulating Fecal sludge management in peri-urban areas in Sub Saharan African and South-Eastern Asia” from March 2012 to December 2015. He has successfully led in different leadership positions and conducted several assignments in the field of Drainage Engineering, Water Resources Management, Hydrology, and flooding in the past few years. He has worked on several research projects worth millions of US Dollars, of which some are presently undergoing implementation. Prominent among the projects he has consulted and coordinated include “Technology Assessment Framework” for WASH Technologies, “The Potential for Spate Irrigation Development in the White Volta sub-basin”, “Small Scale Irrigation Technologies”, “Water Productivity, Multiple Use Water Services”, “Political economy of tariff and subsidy design in the urban water sector in Ghana”, “The Akosombo, Kpong Dams Reoperation and Re-optimization Project” in Ghana executed by the Water Resources Commission of Ghana, to mention a few. His wide research interests include but are not limited to “Sustainable Management of Water Resources”, “Sanitation Improvement in Urban Areas”, “Sustainable Irrigation Development”, “Flood mitigation and Sustainable Hydropower Development” and “Energy and Solid Waste treatment”.
Prof. Eric has been credited with over forty publications and counting. It is no surprise that he co-edited of the infamous book “Dams and Downstream Development”. Of a truth, one cannot find a man of excellence, integrity, dedication, diligence, and honor other than Prof. Eric Ofosu Antwi. If a job has to be exceptionally and successfully executed, “Prof. Eric Ofosu Antwi is the Man for the Job”.
Courses Taught at the Undergraduate Level
- Engineering Graphics
- Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Hydropower Engineering
- Water Engineering, Hydrogeology
- Geo-Environmental Engineering
- Research Methods
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Computer Programming and Information Technology
|Institution (Start – End dates)||Degree(s)/Diploma(s) /Certificates obtained|
|UNESCO-IHE and TU-Delft, the Netherlands 2006-2011||Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)|
|Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 2003 – 2005||Master of Philosophy (MPhil)|
|Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology 1998 – 2002||Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honors|
|Pope John Secondary School and Junior Seminary, Koforidua 1994-1996||Senior Secondary School|
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Microsoft Office Project 201 Certificate
- ITIL Certificate course
- Proposal Writing Certificate Course
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Change Management Certification
- Atta-Darkwa, Thomas & Ofosu, Eric & Emmanuel, Amankwah & Ankamah, Johnson & Akolgo, Gilbert & Asare, Austin & Alexander, Antwi. (2020). Comparison and Estimation of Four Infiltration Models. Open Journal of Soil Science. 10. 45-57. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojss.2020.102003
- Domfeh, Martin & Gyamfi, Samuel & Amo-Boateng, Mark & Andoh, Robert & Ofosu, Eric & Tabor, Gavin. (2020). Free surface vortices at hydropower intakes: – A state-of-the-art review. Scientific African. e00355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2020.e00355
- P. N. A. Asare, F. A. Kuranchie and E. Ofosu (2019). Evaluation of incorporating plastic wastes into asphalt materials for road construction in Ghana. Cogent Environmental Science (2019), 5: 1576373. https://doi.org/10.1080/23311843.2019.1576373
- S. F. Gyasi, A. A. Boateng, E. Awuah, E. O. Antwi (2019). Ellucidating the incidence and the prevalence of Schistosomiasiss infection in riparian communities of the Bui dam. Journal of Parasitic Diseases (2019). doi/10.1007/s12639-019-01089-4
- S. A. Okyereh, E.A. Ofosu, A.T. Kabobah (2019). Modelling the Impact of Bui Dam Operations on Downstream Competing Water Uses. Water-Energy Nexus (2019), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wen.2019.03.001
- S. Obahoundje, A. Diedhiou, E. A. Ofosu, S. Anquetin, B. François, J. Adounkpe, E. Amoussou, Y. M. Kouame, K. L. Kouassi, V. H. N. Bi, M. Y. Ta (2018). Assessment of Spatio-Temporal Changes of Land Use and Land Cover over South-Western African Basins and Their Relations with Variations of Discharges. Hydrology (2018,5,56), https://doi.org/10.3390/hydrology5040056
- J. Zhanga, D. Adu, Y. Fanga, D. Appiah, E. O. Antwi (2018). Review on China’s renewable energy and future projections. International Journal of Smart Grid and Clean Energy (2018). https://doi.org/10.12720/sgce.7.3.218-224
- Mortey M. E., Ofosu E. A., Kolodko D. V. and Kabo-bah A. T. (2017). Sustainability Assessment of the Bui Hydropower System. Environments 2017, 4(25). https://doi.org/10.3390/environments4020025
- Iddrisu, W.A., Nokoe, K.S., Luguterah, A., Ofosu, E.A. (2017). Spatio-Temporal Relationship between River Flows and Gauge Heights in the Black Volta River. Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
- Obahoundje, Salomon & Ofosu, Eric & Akpoti, Komlavi & Kabo-bah, Amos Tiereyangn. (2017). Land Use and Land Cover Changes under Climate Uncertainty: Modelling the Impacts on Hydropower Production in Western Africa. Hydrology. 4. https://doi.org/10.3390/hydrology4010002
- Appiah-Effah, E., Nyarko, K. B., Awuah, E., Afful K. M. and Ofosu, E. A. (2017) Performance of Rotary Drum Composter on the Die off of Ascaris and Trichuris during faecal sludge composting. Journal of Environmental Engineering, 2017,
- Iddrisu, W.A., Nokoe, K.S., Luguterah, A., Ofosu, E.A. (2017). Generalized Additive Mixed Modeling of River Discharge in the Black Volta River. Open Journal of Statistics.
- Iddrisu, W.A., Nokoe, K.S., Osei, F.B., Ofosu, E.A. (2016). Spatial Bayesian methods of Flow Forecasting in the Black Volta River. European Journal of Scientific Research. Vol. 137, No. 1, pp. 89- 105
- Akpoti K., Ofosu E. A. and Kabo-bah A. T. (2016). Impacts of Rainfall Variability, Land Use and Land Cover Change on Stream Flow of the Black Volta Basin, West Africa. Hydrology 2016, 3(3), 26
- Afful K., Oduro-Kwarteng S., Ofosu E. A. and Awuah E, (2016). Odour Impact Determination of a Communal Toilet: Field Measurement with Panellists Using Dynamic Plume Method and Dispersion Modelling. Open Journal of Air Pollution.
- Appiah-Effah, E., Nyarko, K. B., Ofosu, E. A. and Awuah, E., (2016). Effect of bulking materials and mixing ratios on concentration of nutrients during composting of raw faecal sludge from peri-urban areas. Water Practice & Technology, Vol 11, No. 1, 2016
Appiah-Effah, E., Nyarko, K. B., Adum, L., Ofosu, E. A. and Awuah, E., (2015). Perception of Peri-Urban Farmers on Fecal Sludge Compost and Its Utilization: A Case Study of Three Peri-Urban Communities in Ashanti Region of Ghana. Compost Science & Utilization, 23:4, 267-275. 2015
- Mul, M.L., Sidibé, Y., Annor, F., Ofosu, E. A., Boateng-Gyimah, Ampomah, B., Addo, C., (2015). Balancing hydro generation with sustainable ecosystem management. In Water storage and hydropower development for Africa – Supplement to the International Journal of Hydropower and dams, page 46-50, 2015.
- Appiah-Effah, E., Nyarko, K. B., Ofosu, E. A. and Awuah, E., (2015). Heavy metals and microbial loads in raw fecal sludge from low income areas of Ashanti Region of Ghana. Water Practice & Technology Vol 10 No 1, 2015.
- A. T. Kabo-bah, G. K. Anornu, E. A. Ofosu, Robert Andoh, Kamila Justyna (2014). Spatial- temporal phenomena of Evapotranspiration over Black Volta of West Africa. International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering Vol 6 (4), 2014.
- Ofosu, E. A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N., Sakah, M., (2014). Success Factors for Sustainable Irrigation Development in sub-Saharan Africa. African Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol 9 (51) p 3720-3728, 2014.
- Ofosu, E. A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N., Amanor, R. (2014). Upscaling of Irrigation development in the White Volta sub-basin. Journal of Energy and Natural Resource Management, Vol 1, Issue 1.
- Gyasi S. F., Awuah Esi, Ofosu E. A., Kotei D. & Mohamed A. K., (2013). Environmental Sanitation Attitudes in Buruli Ulcer endemic communities and its potential impact on MU infections in the Asanti Akim North District, Ghana. Research Journal of Environmental Science, ISSN 1819-3412.
- Ofosu, E.A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N., (2010). Productivity of irrigation technologies in the White Volta basin. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth. Volume 35, Issues 13-14, Pages 706-716
Other Publications (conference)
- Ofosu E. A., Mul M., Boateng-Gyimah M., Annor F. & Ampomah B. Y., (2016). Reoperating and Reoptimising the Akosombo and Kpong Dams to Restore Downstream Livelihoods and Ecosystems: A Feasibility Study. Paper presented at the “African Engineers Conference on Energy” 21st – 25th November 2016, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- Kabo-bah T. A., Ofosu E. A., (2013). GEONETCAST Workstation @UENR for Climate Change Modelling. Paper presented at conference on “OWSD Africa Regional Conference” 15th October to I8th October 2013, Sunyani, Ghana.
- Ofosu E. A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N. (2013). Success Factors for Sustainable Irrigation Development in sub-Saharan Africa. Paper presented at conference on “Water and Sanitation Workshop/Conference for Early Career Scientists in Africa” 26th May to 30th May 2013, Polokwane, South Africa.
- Ofosu E. A., Mapedza E., van Koppen B., van Der Zaag P., Namara R., (2010). Gendered access to shallow wells and riverine dugouts in the Upper East Region of Ghana. Paper presented at conference on “Towards Sustainable groundwater in Agriculture-Linking Science with Policy”, held from the 15th – 18th of June 2010 in San Francisco, California.
- Ofosu E. A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N., (2009). Productivities of Irrigation Technologies in the White Volta sub-basin. Conference Paper presented at the WATERNET Conference 28th October – 30th October 2009 in Entebe, Uganda.
- Ofosu E. A., van der Zaag P., van de Giesen N., Odai S. N., (2008). Characteristics of Irrigation Technologies in the White Volta sub-basin. Conference Paper presented at the SAFID Conference 28th January – 30th January, 2008 in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- Yaa Ntiamoah Baidoo, Ben Yaw Ampomah and Eric Antwi Ofosu (2017). Dams, Development and Downstream Communities: Implications for Re-optimising the operations of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams in Ghana. ISBN: 978-9988-2-5046-1
- Ofosu Eric Antwi (2011), Sustainable Irrigation Development in the White Volta sub-Basin (201 ). Published by CRC Press. The Netherlands. ISBN 9780415621038 – CAT# K14719
- Asamoah, Michael & Kabo-bah, Amos Tiereyangn & Ofosu, Eric. (2020). Spatial and SocioEconomic Impacts Analysis of BUI Hydropower Dam on Downstream Communities. 10.1007/978-3-030-13697-0_23.
- Eric A. Ofosu, Mark Amo-Boateng, Martin K. Domfeh, Robert Andoh (2018). Re-engineering Hydropower Plant for Improved Performance. In (Ed) Amos Kabo-bah and Chukuemekah J. Diji, Sustainable Hydropower in West Africa: Planning Operation and Challenges. 189-195. Academic Press. An imprint of Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-813016-2.00012-5
- Eric A. Ofosu, Marloes Mul, Maxwell Boateng-Gyimah, Frank Annor and Ben Y. Ampomah (2017). Overview of the Re-operation and Re-optimisation of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams Project. In (Ed) Yaa Ntiamoah Baidoo, Ben Yaw Ampomah and Eric Antwi Ofosu. Dams, Development and Downstream Communities: Implications for Re-optimising the operations of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams in Ghana
- Marloes L. Mul, Eric A. Ofosu, Yaw Mante, Benjamin Ghansah, Frank O. Annor and Maxwell Boateng-Gyimah (2017). Defining Restoration Flow Targets to Restore Ecological Functions and Livelihoods in the Lower Volta Basin. In (Ed) Yaa Ntiamoah Baidoo, Ben Yaw Ampomah and Eric Antwi Ofosu. Dams, Development and Downstream Communities: Implications for Re-optimising the operations of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams in Ghana
- Marloes L. Mul, Bedru Balana, Frank O. Annor, Maxwell Boateng-Gyimah, Eric A. Ofosu and Jeffrey Dokyi (2017). Framework for Re-operating the Large Hydropower Dams to Improve Local Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction. In (Ed) Yaa Ntiamoah Baidoo, Ben Yaw Ampomah and Eric Antwi Ofosu. Dams, Development and Downstream Communities: Implications for Re-optimising the operations of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams in Ghana.