Dr. Samuel Gyamfi (PhD, MSc, BE, MIEAust)
- SEMA 701: Energy Monitoring and Assessment
- SEMA 711: Advanced Energy Policy, Economics and Markets
- SEMA 702: Advanced Energy Efficiency and Management
- SEMA 716: Energy Conversion Systems
|Institution (Start – End dates)||Degree(s)/Diploma(s) /Certificates obtained|
|University of Canterbury, New Zealand; 2006 – 2010||PhD (Mechanical Engineering -Energy Systems)|
|University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany; 2002-2004||MSc (Energy Systems)|
|Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology; 1997 – 2001||BSc Geodetic Engineering|
|European Safeguards Research and Development Association (ESARDA), JCR-European Commission, Ispra, Italy; 2008||Nuclear Safeguards and Non-Proliferation|
My main research interest is in utility demand side management and the way that human factors can be used to develop technology and communication systems to improve energy efficiency behaviour. I have experience and interests in several related areas.
- Energy Efficiency and Demand-side Management
- Energy Economics and Policy
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy for Developing Countries
- Energy Life Cycle Assessment
- Iweh C.D., Gyamfi S., Tanyi E., Effah-Donyina E. (2021) Distributed Generation and Renewable Energy Integration into the Grid: Prerequisites, Push Factors, Practical Options, Issues and Merits. Energies 2021, 14, 5375. https://doi.org/10.3390/
- Avordeh T. K, Gyamfi S, Opoku A. A. (2021) Quantitative estimation of the impact of climate change on residential electricity demand for the city of Greater Accra, Ghana International Journal of Energy Sector Management. Emerald Publishing Limited 1750-6220 DOI 10.1108/IJESM-08-2020-0008
- Ayebah A. I., Gyamfi S., Amuzuvi C. K. (2021) Making Energy Savings by the Engagement of Small and Medium-sized Enterprise on Energy Management. Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering 2021; 9(2): 41-48 10.11648/j.jeee.20210902.12
- Asuamah Y. E., Gyamfi, S., Dagoumas A. (2021) Potential of meeting electricity needs of off-grid community with mini-grid solar systems. Scientific African Volume 11(2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Aboagye B., Gyamfi, S., Antwi E. O, Djordjevic, S. (2021) Status of renewable energy resources for electricity supply in Ghana. Scientific African Volume11 (2021) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- Aboagye B. Gyamfi S. Caesar Puoza, J. (2020) Performance Enhancement of Solar Photovoltaic Module by the Application of Different Coolants over the Photovoltaic Module Surface. JENRM, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1-6, 2020. https://doi.org/10.26796/jenrm.v6i1.161
- Aboagye B., Gyamfi S., Caesar Puoza J, Obeng M. (2020) Techno-economic Feasibility Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic System for Single Households in Peri-urban Areas Kumasi, Ghana. International Journal of Sustainable Energy Development (IJSED), Volume 8, Issue 1, 2020. 10.20533/ijsed.2046.3707.
- Domfeh M. K, Gyamfi S., Amo-Boateng M., Andoh R., Antwi E. O., Tabor G (2020). Numerical Simulation of an Air-Core Vortex and Its Suppression at an Intake Using OpenFOAM Fluids (2020), 5, 221; doi:10.3390/fluids5040221.
- Domfeh M. K, Gyamfi S., Amo-Boateng M., Andoh R., Antwi E. O., Tabor G. (2020) Numerical simulation of an air-core vortex at a hydraulic intake using OpenFOAM Scientiﬁc African Volume 8 (2020) e00389. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2020.e00389
- Osabutey G. Opoku A. A., Gyamfi S. (2020) A Statistical Mechanics Approach to the Study of Energy Use Behaviour. Journal of Applied Mathematics Volume 2020, Article ID 7384053, 14 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/7384053
- Domfeh M. K, Gyamfi S., Amo-Boateng M., Andoh R., Antwi E. O., Tabor G. (2020) Free surface vortices at hydropower intakes: –A state-of-the-art review Scientific African Volume 8, July 2020, e00355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2020.e00355
- Obeng M., Gyamfi S., Derkyi N. S., Kabo-bah T. A, Peprah F. (2020)Technical and economic feasibility of a 50 MW grid-connected solar PV at UENR Nsoatre Campus. Journal of Cleaner Production. 247, 20 Feb 2020, 119159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119159
- Akolgo G.A, Essandoh E. O, Gyamfi S., Atta-Darkwa T., Kumi E. Y, Maia, C. M (2018) The potential of a dual purpose improved cookstove for low income earners in Ghana – Improved cooking methods and biochar production. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 82 (2018) 269–379. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.09.044
- Gyamfi S., Diawuo F. A., Kumi E. N., Frank S., Modjinou M. (2018) Energy Efficiency Situation in Ghana. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 82 (2018) 1415–1423. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.05.007
- Darko A., Chan A. P, Gyamfi S., Olanipekun A., He B., Yu Y. (2017) Driving forces for green building technologies adoption in the construction industry: Ghanaian perspective. Building and Environment 125 (2017) 206-215. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2017.08.053
- Saka M., Diawuo F.A., Katzenback R., Gyamfi S. (2017). Towards a sustainable electrification in Ghana: A review of renewable energy deployment policies. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 79 (2017) 544–557. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.05.090
- Gyamfi S., Modjinou M., Djordjevic S. (2015) Improving Electricity Supply Security in Ghana – the Potential of Renewable Energy. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 43(2015)1035–1045. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.11.102
- Urmee T., Gyamfi S. (2014) A Review of Improved Cookstove Technologies and Programs. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 33 (2014) 625–635. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.02.019.
- Houston C., Gyamfi S., Whale J. (2013) Evaluation of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Generation Opportunities for Small Scale Dairy Farms: A Case Study in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Renewable Energy 67 (2014) 20 – 29. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2013.11.040
- Gyamfi S., Krumdieck S. and Urmee T. (2013) Residential peak electricity demand response – Highlights of some behavioural issues. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 25: 71-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.04.006.
- Gyamfi S. and Krumdieck S. (2012) Scenario Analysis of Residential Demand Response at Network Peak Periods. Electric Power Systems Research 93: 32-38. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2012.07.004.
- Gyamfi S. and Krumdieck S. (2011) Price, Environment and Security: Exploring Multi-modal Motivation in Voluntary Residential Peak Demand Response. Energy Policy 39(5): 2993-3004. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.03.012.
- Gyamfi S., Krumdieck S.P. and Brackney L. (2009) Price, Environment and Security: Multi-Modal Motivation in Residential Demand Response. Engineering treNz: Transaction of Engineers New Zealand: online journal. http://www.ipenz.org.nz/ipenz/Forms/pdfs/treNz15.pdf.
Other Publications (conference)
- Owusu J. J., Gyamfi S, Israel J. (2017) Household Electricity Tariff And Life Line Charges In Ghana – Policy Mismatch Presented at the International Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Development, 25 July – 28 July, 2017, Eusbett International Conference Center, Sunyani, Ghana. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Domfeh M. K, Gyamfi S, Amo-Boateng M, Andoh R, Ofosu A. E, Kabo-Bah A. (2017) Intake Flow Simulation And Optimisation For Akosombo Hydropower Project Using Computational Fluid Dynamics: Concept And Methodology. Presented at the International Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Development, 25 July – 28 July, 2017, Eusbett International Conference Center, Sunyan, Ghana. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Tieyiri V. G, Gyamfi S. (2017) Climate Change Impact on Africa: What does the Literature Say? Presented at the International Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Development, 25 July – 28 July, 2017, Eusbett International Conference Center, Sunyan, Ghana. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Rahman M., Hettiwatte S. Gyamfi, S (2014) An Intelligent Approach of Achieving Demand Response by Fuzzy Logic based Domestic Load Management Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference, AUPEC 2014, Curtin University, Perth, Australia. 28 September – 1 October, 2014 (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Gyamfi S., Krumdieck S.P, and Brackney L. (2010) Pattern Recognition Residential Demand Response: An Option for Critical Peak Demand Reduction in New Zealand. Presented at the 4th international conference on sustainable development, 30 November – 3 December 2010, Auckland. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Watcharasukarn M., Krumdieck S. and Gyamfi S. (2009) Travel Behaviour under Fuel Constraint Study: TACA SIM. Hong Kong: International Conference on Applied Energy, 5-7 Jan 2009. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Gyamfi S., Krumdieck S. and Brackney L. (2008) Demand Response in the Residential Sector: A Critical Feature of Sustainable Electricity Supply in New Zealand. Auckland, New Zealand: 3rd International Conference on Sustainability Engineering and Science, 9-12 Dec 2008. (Conference Contribution – Full Conference paper)
- Oduro A. M., Gyamfi S., Sarkodie A.S., Kemausuor F. (2019) Evaluating the Success of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Policies in Ghana: Matching the Policy Objectives against Policy Instruments and Outcomes. Renewable Energy – Resources, Challenges and Applications. 2020 | journal-article DOI: 10.5772/INTECHOPEN.88278
- Gyamfi S., Derkyi N.S.A, Asuamah E.Y, Aduako J.A. (2018) Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development. In Kabo-bah A; Diji, C. J., Sustainable Hydropower in West Africa : 75 – 93. Academic Press. An imprint of Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-813016-2.00006-X
- Gyamfi S., Derkyi N.S.A, Asuamah E.Y (2018) The Potential and the Economics of Hydropower Investment in West Africa. In Kabo-bah A; Diji, C.J., Sustainable Hydropower in West Africa: 95 – 107. Academic Press. An imprint of Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-813016-2.00007-1
Regional Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability (RCEES)
University of Energy and Natural Resources Sunyani Ghana email@example.com
© 2021. Regional Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability